Friday, January 24, 2014

#44 Update on Struggles and Miracles post #27





Just wanted to give you a brief update and show you some pictures of a project I just finished for my friend Kellie and her little guy!!

If you didn't read the post and want the back story you can find it here.

Kellie is due in 2 weeks, she is getting anxious for the little guy to arrive. She has had some struggles with this miracle pregnancy, but she is handling everything extremely well. Now with her due date so close the 
doctor has found that she has a type b strep virus, that can affect the baby during delivery. So she needs to be on antibiotics for delivery so hopefully the little guy won't pick up the bug. Again I'm asking anyone who prays, please remember Kellie and her little miracle in prayer over the next few weeks!! 

Here is the simple bag I made to go along with the quilt. Its all done, but missing D rings to add the handles, do to car trouble and more bad weather (hwy was closed today) in our area!! Hopefully will get out Monday!!

 Made this bag pattern up on the fly, guess that makes me a designer!! lol Not the 2 block patterns, that is thanks to As Easy As ABC QAL.
 His first name will start with C, His last name with B







14 comments:

  1. Wow! The quilt and the bag look awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute bag. I like the fabrics that you used. Just said a prayer for Kellie and that she'll have a safe delivery and that those antibiotics will keep the baby from catching the virus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers have been said for K and C. I bestest friend's daughter has a scheduled C-section for 2/10. The baby will be born with the small intestine on the outside. At first, the doctor recommended an abortion because he thought it was more involved. This usually has genetic implications. However, this baby has NO genetic involvement. She almost lied to her husband and told him that the baby did have genetic involvement and had an abortion anyhow. However, she had already told her mother and her identical twin the truth. Her mother told her she was not going to lie about it. She has had gestational diabetes, too. She does not know if the baby will be able to have the surgery here or have to go 100 miles for the surgery. The prognosis is good, though. The grandmother was a labor and delivery nurse and knows too much for her own good - she knows everything that can go wrong. So, we are anxious for this delivery, too. So, as I pray for this situation her, I will be praying for Kellie and her baby. God is still is the miracle business. I have two grandsons that were preemies and no one would ever ever guess it. One was born at a very critical stage. You did a marvelous job of making the quilt and the bag. Kellie is blessed to have a great friend who made a wonderful quilt to comfort her and her baby and to ask others to pray for her. Bless you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love the bag! Especially the way you constructed the sides.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilt and sweet bag! Hoping all goes well with the little one's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the fabrics and the quilting is so great! Sending prayers to the mom to be and baby. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute, in Greece they would have automatically had her do a C-Section, I hope all goes well for little miracle baby C.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very handsome quilt for C and the bag looks very sturdy and well made--good job!!

    I was tested for Group B Strep last week. I guess no news is good news. I am 37 weeks today. As far as I know if you are put on antibiotics as Kellie was everything should go well. Blessings to her and the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your idea to use letters like this. Makes it so fun and personal. You are a sweet friend. Blessings and favor for her and her family. Happy Quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bag AND the quilt! Best wishes and prayers for the new family!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you designing your own project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful quilt and bag. I am certain that it will be treasured. praying for the health of mom and baby!

    Thanks so much for linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much everyone for your comments and prayers. Due date is this friday and I really hope he comes soon. I am longing to hold my little boy and tell him how much I love him.. what a gift from God after all these years!

    Kellie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment, idea, or question!!

This post was originally posted on UpstairsHobbyRoom.blogspot.ca . If you are reading this post anywhere else, it is without my permission.